Heres a little treasure to share. Straight out of my sacred book of recipes
n secret brews. This was given to me. By one of my sistars.. a conjure worker
in Lafayette, Louisiana. Her grandmother and before her. Many generations
back made this chalk. Handmade..kept in a old wood box with latched lid.
Used for sigils of power. From protection..enemy away..healings just to name
a few. What are sigils in case you dont know. Are written or painted symbols that have power to them. Here is a example. I know some of you know these.
The shells of 6 eggs
1 teaspoon boiling water
1 teaspoon flour or cornstarch
1 clean rock for crushing shells to a powder
Sheet of paper
(Can grind them in coffee grinder or food processor)
1. Wash the eggshells well, do not have any egg left in them. Let them dry for an hour. Shells must be completely dry.
2. Place a sheet of paper on a hard surface. Grind the shells on the paper with a clean rock.
3. Continue grinding the eggshells until you have a fine powder. Make sure you have enough powder to fill a large spoon, which is enough for one stick of chalk.
4. When you have enough of the fine powder to make a stick of chalk, sift or pick up little bits of eggshells that are not ground up and throw them away. Leaving in little bits of eggshells will cause your chalk to break up.
5. Put the teaspoon of flour and the teaspoon of boiling water into a cup. Stir together to make a paste.
6. Add the spoonful of eggshell powder into the paste and mix well. It may help to mash it with the back of the spoon.
7. Add a few drops of food coloring if you want colored chalk. Too many drops will make the paste too wet.
8. On a clean, dry surface roll the mixture into a stick.
9. Wrap the stick up in a strip of paper towel and set aside to dry. Drying takes about three days.
10. Peel the paper off. Your ready for your juju workings! Keep in container.
I like mine in a small wooden box. Easy for me to grab when ready to use.
Other uses for ground egg shell. Also called cascarilla............
I keep a small jar of ground fine egg shell in my ceder gypsyshaman cabinet.
Magical Uses: Eggshells- repels negative energy. Is such a potent cleansing and protecting agent that it can be used in any number of ways to guard from evil, malicious magic, and disease:
1. If someone leaves a trick on your doorstep or you find some suspicious item in your home from an enemy, dust your hands with this powder before picking it up. This keeps the evil from transferring to you, and you can dispose of it safely.
2. Add some to your bath water or sprinkle in the wash bucket for scrubbing the floor to disperse negativity.
3. Use eggshell powder to make symbols on the floor or altar during ritual or spell work.. For myself...I noticed it gives a real kick to my workings!
4. Add a bit of water and use it to paint symbols on your skin or use it dry to dust your body for all-over protection.
5. Purification baths.